Tips To Getting Amazing Images With Drones
In the last few years, drone technology has brought about a dramatic shift in photography. When you capture the world from a very high point using a flying device controlled by your hand, some unique captures are taken. What’s more, is that the cost of buying a drone is not overly exorbitant, which ensures that even budding photographers can invest in it.
That said, like every other part of photography, learning the ropes of aerial photography is not easy. Photography Expert, Anand, comes to your rescue with some practical and ingenious tips.
• While learning how to take great photos is essential in aerial photography, the first step is to learn to control the drone. To do so, begin with some limitations. After you’ve set up the app, take the drone to an open area. Then fly it at a fixed maximum height. Do not go above it until you are incredibly comfortable. Second, define the distance to which you send the drone and do not exceed it. Once you have complete control over the drone at the set height and distance, practice a few clicks. You are ready to take the drone to the actual location after this.
Drone Photography Is Similar Yet Different From Conventional
The first few times of clicking pictures from a drone are thrilling, and every image looks stunning. After the new charm wears off, you realise that drone photography is similar to handheld camera pictures, in a sense, that lighting is crucial.
• Therefore, the next tip is to chase the right light and weather conditions while photographing from up above.
• The third trick in the book is composition. With drones, the biggest advantage is the height. From the same position, you can click a picture just a few meters of the ground or even 200. So, take your time to find the perfect composition. Remember the drone can remain static at any given point while you work out the settings.
• Lines and patterns become visible when you look down on the world. Taking images from the drone means finding a brand-new perspective and view. Thus, look for obscure captures – pictures that would not be possible from the ground.
Once you venture down the road of aerial photography, you discern it is fun and thrilling. But the best part is that they allow you to shoot straight down too. Any other technique cannot capture such images. Even small aircraft don’t allow angling the camera at 90 degrees downwards! Yet, one can’t deny that aviation photography has its own perks. Those of you more interested in clicking photos from an airplane or aircraft, the next few tips are for you.
Tricks To Improving Aviation Photography Skill
Good photography is all about giving the world a view of what they would not see in everyday life. Aviation photography is one method for achieving this goal. Rarely do people get to see the planet from that perspective. Therefore, if you are a photographer who loves to hop on to small aircraft and capture the world from that platform, here are some tips:
• The shutter speed has to be very fast. Above 1/1000th of a second works well.
• The focus point of the lens has to be infinity. It ensures that every little element visible from the air is in focus. Ditch the auto-focus and shoot with manual.
• Small planes to vibrate a lot, which means if your hands are resting on the aircraft while you take a picture, it will come out fuzzy. The trick is to tuck your arms on your sides and keep the lens of the camera about one inch from the window.
• When you click a picture do it wide open because when you are so high from the ground, the depth of the field is never an issue. Click here to get some more tips on photography. The last recommendation is to take advantage of the views. Be it through a drone or an aircraft. Aerial images are something to behold, and you should make the most of it!